Maybelline Tattoo Brow Waterproof Eyebrow Gel in Deep Brown Review

8:43 AM

I think I saw Thatylaa review this and was intrigued, but I initially ordered Medium Brown. Unfortunately that shade was too warm toned on me so I returned it and reordered in Deep Brown, hoping it wouldn't be too dark.

This products retails for $12.99 for .43; comparing to other brow gels, Essence Make me Brow is $2.99 for .13 oz, and Nyx Tinted Brow Mascara is $6.99 for .22 oz. This product is supposed to be transfer proof, smudge proof, create fuller brows, and stay on for up to 2 days. I don't really care about that last claim because I oil cleanse every night, therefore removing all makeup completely, but its gimmicky and neat I guess.

swatched on top compared to my usual Etude House Drawing Brow in Gray

The color Deep Brown looks cool toned when I swatch it, but like with all brow products, it looks pretty warm when applied. I found that the applicator was completely useless and I had to use an eyebrow brush to apply it, which I don't mind that much. It applies like any gel brow product.

After initially trying this I did like how it held up, but I didn't reach for it again due to the color, that is until I had a beach day. I'm always extremely insecure going out without my brows on and knew my normal product would not hold up to the beach, so I decided to test it out. I forgot to take before pics that day so here's a selfie from the day I first tested it out.


Here's a picture after being in the ocean for like 20 minutes and not dunking my head under at all, but defintely sweating a lot because it was fucking hot. I hate Florida.


Aaaaand here's picture after an hour of being there right before we left. At this point I had been splashed in the face by waves and my face was thoroughly wet. I had also rubbed my eyes a shit ton which usually messes up my brows if I'm not careful. I don't swim underwater though because it always messes with my ears, so keep that in mind.



Honestly I'm impressed. They don't look flawless or anything, there's some blurring around the edges and underneath but I mean, they're still on! I was really expecting to look in the mirror and see like half of a tail missing or something.

Overall I wish this came in cooler colors because it actually worked! I mean I don't know if I would recommend it for like underwater swimming, but it worked for my purposes. I'll definitely keep it around for the rare and usually one day out of the year beach day, lmao.

You Might Also Like

0 comments