Foundation Review: Anastasia Beverly Hills Stick Foundation in Alabaster

4:54 PM

The ABH Stick Foundation came out awhile ago, but my local Ulta before I moved never carried the lightest shade, therefore I could never swatch it to see if it was even doable. I recently went to Sephora and was able to swatch it and get a sample so I figured I should review it as well.

It retails for $25 for .32 oz.; to compare the Tarte Clay Stick foundation is $39 for .32 and the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Longwear Foundation stick is $42 for .31 oz. It is said to be a highlight pigmented buildable foundation with a natural matte finish. The color Alabaster is for "very fair skin with cool undertones". It looks like it might be a bit dark, but blends out okay.


I primed my skin with my Smashbox Primer Water, applied the product with my Real Techniques sponge, and set my skin with my Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder and elf setting spray. I used a powder because, as is my experience with other stick foundations, it didn't seem to set on its own. I wore it for 8 hours.

left side applied
applied to full face
I took some close up shots right as I applied it, because it already wasn't looking great. Clinging to my cheeks, which are by no means dry, settling into my forehead lines, and overall just looking textured. I usually have this experience with stick foundations.




I checked in after 5 hours and the results were pretty much what I expected. I didn't look horrible, but there was more settling/texture/just general heaviness. Keep in my mind my glasses rub off all my foundations so that's not the issue I'm showing in the full face picture- but instead just how it seems to age my entire face.




At the end of the 8 hours my face looked slightly worse than the 5 hour mark in the same ways; settling, texture, heaviness, etc etc. I was also looking a bit oily.

Overall this gets a 1/10. The color is the only positive for me, I really won't be trying this one even one more time. It did me no favors for sure.

You Might Also Like

0 comments