Highlighter Review: elf Baked Highlighter in Moonlight Pearls

5:56 PM

I used to stay far away from golden toned highlighters, but lately have been more willing to try them. That's why I picked up the elf Baked Highlighter in Moonlight Pearls. They have another shade that's pinkish that I want to try out too, but I figured I'd try out this one first.

This retails for $4 for .21 oz; for comparison Essence Pure Nude highlighter is $4.49 for .23 oz and the Nyx Duochromatic highlighters are $7.99 for .21 oz. This is supposed to give you a "radiant glow" with a "sheer wash of shimmering color".

Now its pretty well known amongst the makeup community that if you want to get any pigmentation from this product, you need to scrape off the first layer. And that was the case for me, before scraping it off I barely got any product when swatching, but after it performs much better.

Moonlight Pearls is a golden tone with no glitter and a really nice sheen.


It applies really smoothly and evenly, and can be built up to be very intense. It lasts on my for 8+ hours with no fading. It does not emphasize texture at all.



Overall this gets a 10/10 from me. There's nothing I dislike about it and it performs very well (once you scrape off the top layer!). I really wish there was a white shade, I'd be allllll over that. I'll definitely repurchase if I ever run out of this.

You Might Also Like

0 comments