Jason Purifying Tea Tree Deodorant Review

6:02 PM

Next up on my deodorant reviews is the Jason Purifying Tea Tree Deodorant. I think this is a more well known natural brand, but it had never appealed to me. That is, until I saw it discounted at Marshalls.

I got it for around $5, but it looks like it usually goes for around $9. It is supposedly "clinically tested to effectively control odor for all day protection". At this point I'm pretty skeptical of any natural deodorant touting all day protection, but I gave it a shot.

As always, I applied this after my shower at night, then reapplied and/or washed pits and applied in the morning and tested/judged how it wore over the night and throughout the day.

After applying this product, your pits feel a bit sticky; just like, you can definitely feel that you have something on your armpits. Out of all the natural deodorants I've tried, this one has a scent most like regular deodorant/antiperspirants on the market. It just smells very fresh and...deodoranty. It is also the consistency of a typical deodorant and will get marks on your clothing.

I found that by the time I was ready to go to bed (3-5 hours) after initial application, I could still smell the deodorant smell, and no B.O at all. Very promising.

But alas, by morning I was a bit stinky. No problem, I do sweat an unusual amount in my sleep, so I still had hope for the day wear test. I found that this wears longer than most of the other deodorants I have tried, but still does not cut it for all day. I would compare it to the Speedstick deodorant in Musk as far as lasting power. It seemed to last me a maximum of 5 hours if I was doing light to moderate sweating, and closer to 2 or 3 if I was doing a heavier sweating. The plus is that while yes, I smell if I stuck my nose in my armpit, someone standing near me definitely wouldn't smell me at all.

So the night after I first applied this, I went to wash my armpits and put on deodorant before bed, and noticed they were a little red in the middle. I didn't think anything of it, because my armpits sometimes naturally get a bit red in the foldy area. I also picked up another deodorant and I was planning to test that one the next day, so obviously I applied it after washing my pits.

After application of the other new product, my armpits felt a bit tender, but I figured I had just scrubbed them a bit too hard. But then they started BURNING. I was trying to wait it out and see if it would pass, but they just kept burning worse and worse so I had to wash my pits. I applied the Speedstick and there was no burning; but since then I have tried the other deodorant again and it did burn, so I'm pretty sure the burning was due to that one.When I tested out the Jason deodorant the other day, the rash showed up again, and my armpits burned ever so slightly during the day, so I guess both products irritate my pits, sadly.

Overall this gets a 3/10. I wish I could give it a higher score, but causing a rash lowers it quite a bit. Without the rash, I would have given it a 5. If it didn't give me a rash, I would absolutely use this with the same frequency I use the Speedstick, as I find it pretty comparable.


You Might Also Like

0 comments