Foundation Review: Make Up For Ever Water Blend Face & Body Foundation in y215

6:37 PM

I've had some really close tries with foundation from Make Up Forever, so I'm always interested in any new base products they put out (although I guess technically this is like their old Face & Body foundation?). I mentioned in another post that even though I'm cool toned, I usually use shades from the y range of MUFE products, because they tend to run lighter than the r range.

The Make Up For Ever Water Blend foundation retails for $43 for 1.69 fl oz of product, which is more than the standard 1 fl oz you normally get. It promises "sheer to buildable coverage with a natural looking, dewy glow and flawless finish", as well as being waterproof and having a "water-gel" consistency. I think you get more than the standard amount because of the gel like texture and the fact that you'll probably be using more product that you would normally.

The shade y215 is light and yellow toned, obviously; but since the product is so sheer, its passable on my cool skin. It does look a tad dark. I definitely see where they are coming from on the water-gel thing, as it really does feel like a mix between water and gel. I don't really think this is buildable past light coverage, and one layer lends itself to sheer coverage (which lately I am a fan of).


I primed my skin with theSaem pore primer and actually didn't set my face with any spray. The only setting spray I currently have is the Hard Candy primer spray, which I have come to realize seems to accelerate my oiliness throughout the day. I didn't want to use that and have it mess with the wear of the actual foundation. I wore this for 9 hours.

mufe applied on left side
mufe applied all over


After initial application my skin looks evened and dewy. There's virtually no coverage for any red/acne spots, but that's not something that bothers me. This product is clearly made for people who just want something to even their skin a bit.

I checked in about 4 hours later. My skin looked oily at this point. My pores were as visible as they normally are by this time, and there was no breaking down or fading.




My final check in was after 9 hours. I cheated a bit and blotted my forehead at like 5 hours in, because I had a hair appointment and didn't want my clean bangs to be on a greasy forehead. So not counting the forehead, I was looking really oily by this point. There really wasn't any fading or separating to speak of, but there was product clinging to the dry patch on my upper lip, which hadn't been happening earlier in the day.

Overall I give this a 6/10. It didn't really wow me, but didn't look horrible or anything major. The only issue really was that only 4 hours in I was pretty oily. Maybe the wear time would improve with a setting spray (I will update this post once I have a setting spray I feel doesn't cause oiliness).


You Might Also Like

0 comments