Holika Holika x Gudetama Sweet Cotton Sebum Clear Pact Review

10:39 AM

And here's another review from my recent haul! If you know anything about me you know I love Gudetama. If I had a disposable income, I would have bought the entire Holika Holika x Gudetama line. BUT seeing as how I (sadly) don't, I previously got a blush (review here), and now decided to go with the sebum pact. I tried to purchase items that I would actually get use out of, and not only buy for the packaging.

It retails for around $10 on Jolse. Its essentially a primer you apply to your t zone (and anywhere else that you get oily) before your base makeup. It is supposed to help absorb oil and fill your pores.

I'm in love with the packaging. My other Gudetama product is cute, sure, but the packaging really does feel and look cheap. This compact is much sturdier and has a really cute baby blue/white matte case. The plastic divider between the puff and product is a thick plastic, which means it will last longer compared to the flimsy plastic separator in the blush.




This is a white powder with a very faint sweet scent. When you apply, it might look a little white if you use a heavy hand, but if you blend it a bit it looks fine. After application my skin feels silky smooth.

I tested this with multiple base products on top and found that no matter what foundation I used, it always did a good job of controlling my oil. With some foundations, it had a tendency to make the foundation cling, but only if I had applied a ton of this.

What really impressed me was when I used this with the Peripera Milk Moist Pact (review here). When I used that product without this primer, I immediately looked extremely dewy which progressed into unbearably oily throughout the day. When I used this, I looked slightly dewy after application, which just got dewier as the day went on, and only crossed into oily territory late in the day.

Overall I give this a 9/10. I find that it makes a noticeable difference in oil production, but only keeps my pores filled for part of the day. I could see using this on days I don't feel like wearing foundation (few and far between), as it would still control my oil. I would definitely reconsider purchasing this product, Gudetama collab or not!

You Might Also Like

0 comments