Lorac Alter Ego Lip Gloss Review in Minimalist, Goddess, and CEO

9:39 PM

I was initially introduced to this product awhile ago when I got a mini version of Goddess as a freebie with an Ulta purchase. I wasn't expecting much, but I was seriously impressed, enough to purchase two more full sized shades.

They retail for $17 for .13 fl oz; comparing to other glosses, Buxom Full On Lip Polishes go for $20 for .15 fl oz., and ABH glosses $16 for .16, so Lorac is giving us a little less for a little more money, it seems, but nothing drastic. These are supposed to be highly pigmented and moisturizing.

top to bottom: Goddess, Ceo, Minimalist
I have the shades Minimilist, Goddess, and CEO. Minimalist is described as a deep rose, Goddess as a mauve, and CEO as a dusty rose. I'm not sure these are quite accurate. In my opinion, Minimalist is more of a nude mauve, Goddess a more lilacy shade, and CEO on my skin tone, pulls a lot more rose than dusty. Of course YMMV with all lip products as they look different on every skin tone.

top to bottom: Minimalist, Goddess, CEO
They all apply and wear the same; they gone on mostly opaque, and fade extremely evenly. Reapplying on top works well and doesn't cause any weirdness than can happen with other lip products when you layer. As they fade, they keep your lips moisturized. I've worn these without retouching for probably 8 hours with no discomfort or need to reapply, but I feel like I could even wear them longer, although color would be significantly faded. I would say color intensity stays the same up until the three hour mark, and fades mostly after the five hour mark.




Overall these get a 10/10 from me! I do find myself leaning away from these as lately I've been into more sheer products, but that's just current personal preference. These perform and wear beautifully and I can't find a single fault with them.

You Might Also Like

0 comments