Tarte Quench Lip Rescue in Nude, Rose, Berry, Cherry and Opal Reviews

9:17 PM

A little while ago I purchased the Tarte Quench Lip Rescue in Nude. Within two days of trying it, I had order three more shades, oops. This product is so perfect, especially for summer! A few months after picking up the other three, I got another one, oops again. Five down, two more shades to go (three if you count the clear one).

These retail for $19 for .10 oz.; comparing that to other sheer/balm type lip products, the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment is $24 for .15 oz, and the Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Balm is $33 for .12, although I do admit Dior is a step more high end than Tarte. As far as claims they are described as a "moisturizing lip balm in an array of sheer colors".


The shades (shown left to right) that I have are Opal, Rose, Nude, Cherry, and Berry. Neither Tarte nor Sephora lists any shade descriptions, although they are a bit self explanatory, I still like to see what the brand themself calls the shades. The arm swatches show how extremely glossy/wet these are, I love it!

top to bottom:
opal
nude
rose
cherry
berry


Opal is a cool toned light baby pink, Rose is a rosy nude shade, Nude is a beigey warm toned shade, Cherry is a cool toned pink, and Berry is a plummy shade. They all have a semi sheer finish and a super glossy look. They all fade beautifully and evenly, leaving a slight tint to the lips and a moisturized look, although the initial glossy look does fade.

Opal is definitely my least favorite of the bunch, the application just isn't as smooth and seamless as all the other shades. It bunches up into lip lines and forms a really visible line on the inner parts of my top and bottom lip, immediately as I apply it, which I've only ever seen the Nyx Butter Lipsticks do. Once you rub your lips together a bit it smooths out somewhat. It lightens my lips but not in an off putting way. You can see the visible line in the full face pic. (Oh by the way I'm blonde again, lmao. I have some posts with pics from when my hair was still brown though, so don't be alarmed if you see brown haired me again in upcoming posts)



Rose is probably my second favorite shade, it pairs perfectly with any warm toned or natural looks. It gives a natural tint to the lips without looking super bright or anything.



Nude is my absolute favorite! I wear it allll the time because I don't have to think about it, it matches pretty much everything and looks great.



Cherry is my newest shade, its slightly less flattering than the others, but pairs really well with cool toned looks. It would probably look a little weird on warmer skintones though, and doesn't look that good with the warm toned look I had on.



Berry is such a gorgeous mauvey plum shade that pictures don't do justice. Its perfect when I want a bit of a darker lip, but still don't want a full on lipstick.



Overall I LOOOVE this product! Its one of my all time favorite lip products if I'm being honest. I really want to pick up the remaining shades that I don't own, and I wish they would come out with more! 10/10 for sure.


You Might Also Like

0 comments