NARS Velvet Lip Glide in Bound Review

2:15 PM

When the NARS Velvet Lip Glides came out I was intrigued, but always put off the purchase. But then I was in Sephora and I swatched Bound and caved.

These retail for $26 for .2 oz; to compare, the Tarte Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip is $20 for .2, and the YSL Cream Lip Stain is $36 for .18 oz. It claims to be a "long lasting, highly saturated lip color" that "coats lips like a lipstick, but applies like a gloss". The finish is semi-matte. The shade Bound is a "rose pink".



This product did impress me with initial application, it really does feel like a creamy gloss, but has very saturated pigment.Its easy to over apply this, so I have to make sure I wipe off the excess on the rim of the tube. It doesn't immediately settle into lines and overall looks really nice.



I take issue with the long lasting claim though. This wears on me from anywhere between 2 to 4 hours, depending on how much talking I do and how much water I drink. After the first hour the inital shine wears off and the finish is that of a satin matte. It still does not settle into lines and looks good.

Within the 2-4 hours depending on conditions I already stated, the product dries to a moussey matte texture and begins to settle into my lip lines. The longer I wear it the drier it looks, anything after 4 hours just looks bad.  Even I'm having a good, moisturized lip day, my lips will end up looking and feeling dry after wearing this. That being said its nothing extreme, and I do still wear this. I have found the best way to get longevity out of this is to reapply the product every hour or so. It builds seamlessly and rehydrates the dry appearance.

Overall this gets a 5/10 from me. It only lives up to half of its claims, and that's a big deal when one of them is it being long wearing. I will not be purchasing any other shades, but I will continue to use this one. I do really love the mauvey color it has, and if I'm not going to be in a setting where I can't reapply, I really don't mind reapplying.

You Might Also Like

0 comments