My Collection: Mascaras

7:15 AM

So I'm gonna put it out there: I have nice lashes. My top ones are long, curved, and relatively dark (except at the tips), and my bottom ones are super long as well. That said this will be lash swatches (?) of all my mascaras.

They aren't in any particular order. I'll give my thoughts on each mascara. For reference here are my bare lashes (and my very moisturized skin lmao I look oily af but I'm not I promise)


Note: I usually use whatever mascara on top lashes, then Wet N Wild Megalength on the bottom, but for sake of this review, I'm only using each product on top and bottom (all except for the Clump Crusher swatches).

Maybelline Full N Soft: This is my perfect, everyday mascara. Gives the softest, fluttery lashes ever and looks so great; never clumpy.


Urban Decay Perversion: Love this just as much as the Maybelline Full n Soft. Very difficult to clump this one up, thankfully. It can be pretty intense if you apply several layers.


Wet n Wild Megalength: This is the mascara I use every single day on my bottom lashes, due to the small, skinny brush. It smudges ever so slightly, and can be a bit clumpy when you open a new tube; but that's easily fixed by wiping it off on a paper towel before applying. For the sake of this post I actually applied to the top lashes as well, which I found looks surprisingly nice!


Mac Intense Black: I like this mascara pretty well. The brush applicator is one of my favorites, and it doesn't apply clumpy unless you really pack it on. There's minimal smudging. 



BareMinerals Lash Domination: I really don't like this mascara, thankfully I just have a sample. It applies very clumpy and smudges on my top lid almost every time no matter how careful I am when applying.



Lancome: This mascara is kinda shitty. Its pretty easy for it to look clumpy and the brush is nothing special, but I do use it from time to time.


Maybelline Clump Crusher: One of the first mascaras I bought after getting into makeup because its so hyped. Its okay. My lashes look pretty good when I use this, but can get a tad clumpy, ironically enough.


Tarte Lights Camera Lashes: Newest addition to my mascara collection. I love this shit. It can be tricky to apply though, you really have to wipe off the applicator before applying. It lengthens sooo well.



And those are the mascaras I have in my collection save for a couple really old samples I figured wouldn't perform accurately anymore. Overall I find myself reaching for the Mac and Maybelline Full n Soft ones on a day to day basis. Coming in close behind as most frequently used would probably be the Tarte one, its just a bit more of a hassle because I really have to wipe the wand off.

You Might Also Like

0 comments