Foundation Review: Ulta Double Duty Primer and Foundation in Classic Ivory

9:17 PM

I'm always on the hunt for new foundations and that being so, I found this one at my last trip to Ulta. I usually steer clear from store brands because the shade range is usually laughable, but surprisingly this foundation had a relatively light choice.


It retails for $12.50 at Ulta, so I wasn't really too concerned with it not working and wasting my money. I bought it with the intention of mixing it with my white foundation since I didn't think it would be passable on its own. But I tried it out on its own for the sake of this review. It claims to "do the double work with coverage of a foundation with benefits of a foundation primer" It is supposed to give a matte finish. 
ignore the lipstick swatch stain lmao
As always, I wore this with my the Seam pore primer and Wet n Wild setting spray. It was worn for 7 hours. When applied, I would agree the coverage is medium, maybe leaning light-medium. It definitely has a siliconey feel to it, mousse-like if you will. Its pretty neutral, maybe leaning slightly cool, but is definitely too dark on me. Its not too noticeable in pictures, though.

Immediately after applying it my pores looked like they were gone. It mattifyed my face instantly. It wasn't settling into any fine lines and looked pretty nice,if you like a matte finish (which I'm not too big a fan of). 

pores look tiny af
After 4 hours I was pretty impressed. It didn't look perfect, as it had settled into my smile lines a bit (but all foundations do); but it looked pretty good. It hadn't oxidzied which I was really worried about since it was already too dark to begin with. My pores were more noticeable but that's to be expected.




I forgot to do a final check in before I washed my face, but it looked about the same as the four hour mark. Overall I'd give this a 6/10 due to the color not matching. If it was light enough I probably would bump it up to a 7/10 since I think it was a decent foundation that didn't disappoint, but also didn't wow me. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments