Highlighter Review: Ciate London Dewy Stix

5:10 PM

First off sorry for being MIA recently. I moved and started a new job (still panera), and will be starting real college soon so I'm kind of overwhelmed as well as dealing with personal shit. I'm gonna try to update as often as I can but no promises as to how often that will be.

Anyways today's review is for the Ciate Lodnon Dewy Stix, a product that as soon as I saw it be released, I knew I had to have. As much as I love an intense powder highlight, lately I have been gravitating towards more dewy/wet/non-glitter highlights.

This retails for $26 for .17 oz; to compare to other stick/balm highlighters Milk Makeup Holographic Stick is $28 for 1 oz, Benefit's Watts Up stick is $30 for .33 oz, the Cover Fx Enhance Click Highlighter is $18 for .17. With those comparisons in mind, this product seems a bit pricey to me for the amount you are getting.

It is described as a "highlighting balm that adds a gorgeous wet dewy glow". It is said to be "weightless, non tacky" and contain "minimal shimmer". Everything about this sounds perfect!



I've found that if you are wearing base products (foundation, concealer, etc), the best way to apply this is to tap it onto your cheekbones and blend with fingers or a sponge. Swiping the product on will rub away any base product. After its applied it does stay a little bit sticky, it never seems to fully dry down. That being said its not like 90s lip gloss sticky; my hair does not get stuck on my cheeks or anything like that, I don't even notice it. It does provide that wet/dewy look without any sparkle.




Overall this gets a 10/10 from me! Some people might rate it lower due to the fact that it does not dry down, as well as the way you have to apply it, but those things don't bother me. I think in order to truly achieve a wet highlight, it only makes sense that your highlight needs to stay wet!

You Might Also Like

0 comments