Foundation Review: Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless in 102 Fair Porcelain

8:35 AM

Maybelline recently expanded their Fit Me Matte + Poreless line to include a total of 48 shades! They added two shades lighter than the previous lightest 110, so I've been searching everywhere for it! 110 is one of the first foundations I bought when I was getting into makeup because it was hailed as the pale holy grail foundation. I quickly realized it was wayyyyy too yellow and dark for me, so this new release had me so excited.

It retails for $7.99 for 1 fl oz, to compare Loreal Truematch is $9.99 and Revlon Colorstay is 12.99, both for 1 fl oz. It claims to minimize and blur pores, control oil, and give a matte finish.

The new lightest shade 102 Fair Porcelain is more neutral than the previous lightest 110, and the other new light shade 105. It does lean slightly yellow on me, but that's typical as I'm super cool toned. It honestly is very doable if my face, only looking slightly off when applied.


I applied with my Real Techniques sponge over my Maybelline Baby Skin primer, and set with my elf setting spray. I wore it for 12 hours with no powder to set, as it sets on its on with a matte finish. This goes on very easily and blends out well. It gives light to medium coverage; covers my redness very well but leaves all my freckles peaking through.

Applied on left half
applied to full face

full face done minus lips
I checked in after 4 hours. My face looked okay, there was slight overall texture and just a look of...like wearing foundation rather than it blending into my skin. I wasn't oily though, and my pores did look smaller than usual. I think at this point my face was looking more satin than matte, but definitely not dewy. This is literally the shittiest picture but its all I got, apologies.


At the end of the night (12 hours) again, my face looked okay. Unfortunately I was exhausted from closing at work and didn't get any pictures, but essentially I still had texture over all that I don't normally. I was a little oily by then, nothing like I usually am though. I am going to test this with other primers and see if I can get it looking more skinlike.

Overall it gets a 6/10 from me. It didn't wow me, but I'm impressed that this shade is doable for me, and I did enjoy the oil control. I will be reaching for this for sure, but its not a favorite by any strech of the imagination.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Did 105 Fair Ivory work for you? It's got a cool pink undertone that might suit you better.

    ReplyDelete