Highlighter Review: Nyx Dose of Dew Face Gloss

11:18 AM

I was in Ulta (as I often am) and saw Nyx was having a bogo 50% sale (as they often are), so naturally I had to buy some stuff. It was limited to face and eye products, so I decided to pick this up along with their new lightest concealer shade which I reviewed here.

This product retails for $9 for .188 oz of product; to compare to other stick highlighters, the Makeup Revolution Ultra Strobe Stick is $9 for .19 and the Maybelline Master Strobing Stick is $8.99 for .23 oz. It is said to give a holographic effect inspired by the wet and glossy trend. I don't really see where they got holographic or gloss from? It just seems like a pearly stick highlight. It reminds me of the NARS The Multiple Stick in Copacabana (review here), just not as dark and more cool toned.


I find that swiping this on to apply works okay, it slightly disrupts concealer though. Tapping isn't very effective, though. Rubbing product on your finger then applying is second best to swiping and does not disrupt concealer.

It blends out super easily and can be built up somewhat, but not to like a blinding highlight. It does give a really nice dewy effect, but again I do not see anything holographic about this. There is no shimmer, it just gives a nice, wet looking sheen. It does set moreso than the NARS stick or the Ciate Dewy Stix (review to come), but retains its dewy look. It wears well for 8 hours and does not fade.



Overall this gets a 9/10 from me! I am loving all of these great highlighters I've been reviewing lately! The only slight downside to this product is you have to be careful with application as to not disturb your base products, but other than that I love it!

You Might Also Like

0 comments