Foundation Review: Loreal Infallible Pro Matte in 101 Classic Ivory

5:24 PM

I know I'm super late to the game with this product, this blew up years ago and pretty much everyone has forgotten about it now. But better late than never I guess?

The Loreal Infallible Pro Matte foundation retails for $12.99; to compare to other squeezy tube drugstore foundations, Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating foundation is $10.99 for 1 fl oz, and the Nyx Stay Matte But No Flat goes for $7.49 for 1.23 fl oz. It claims to have a demi matte finish, light texture, and give medium coverage as well as oil control.

The shade 101 Classic Ivory doesn't really have a description anywhere. Its the lightest shade and seems to have slightly pink undertones, imo. Its sightly lighter than the pro glow 201 counterpart (review here).


I applied it with my real techniques sponge over my Maybelline Baby Skin primer, and set with my elf setting spray. I wore it for 8 hours. I did not powder as it has a matte finish, I didn't want to look cakey, and wanted to test out the oil controlling claim. Once blended out, it appears to sit on top of my skin rather than blending into it, and issue I seem to have with matte foundations. It doesn't look awful though, just a bit makeup-y.

applied to left
applied all over
full face done
I checked in about 4 hours lately and was surprisingly greasy for the 4 hour mark. Unfortunately my pictures aren't in natural lighting, but you can see how large and oily my pores look. Other than that it pretty much looked the same as when I first applied, not terrible, but pretty makeup-y.



By the end of the night at the 8 hour mark, I was a greaseball; this was something that really surprised me since this is a matte and "oil controlling" product. It also had oxidized a little bit darker, and was already too dark for me, so I wasn't looking the best.

Overall this gets a 3/10 from me. It looked pretty below average when I first applied, and only went downhill. I haven't reached for this product more than once since my initial testing of it, if that says anything. I do want to mix it in with a white mixer and see if the results are any more skin-like.

You Might Also Like

0 comments