Summer Skincare Routine

11:26 AM

Summer in Florida means 90+ degrees at like 9am. Its truly something else. My face was feeling so heavy and weighed down and my sunscreen was taking ages to dry, so I decided its finally time to switch it up a bit. (You can see my last skincare post here, holy shit its from over a year ago!). I actually still use most of the same products.

The significant changes I've made for the summer are doing the "7 skins method" which is applying a toner 7 (give or take) times to really boost the hydration of the skin. It leaves the skin hydrated while not being sticky or weighing it down with heavy creams. I've also swapped out any heavier creams in lieu of lighter ones.(I forgot to include sunscreens in my pic oh well)


AM Routine 

  • Cleanser: Cosrx Low pH Daily cleanser OR Cosrx Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle Cleanser (I only apply cleanser to my t zone in the morning, and rinse the rest of my face with water only)
  • Hydrating Toner: Hada Labo Gokujyun Lotion in Moist (I do 3-7 skins of this depending on how much time I have/how my skin is feeling) 
  • Light Moisturizer: Goodal Moisture Barrier Liquid Light (I previously listed this as an essence but it really isn't one. Its almost a thicker toner? I'm not sure what to classify it as. I usually do 1 or 2 skins of this)
  • Medium Moisturizer: Goodal Moisture Barrier Liquid (one layer only, usually)
  • Sunscreen: Biore Watery Essence/Can Make Mermaid Skin Gel (for face) Skin Aqua Super Moisture Gel SPF 50+ PA++++ (for body)
PM Routine
  • 1st Cleanser: It's Skin Calming Cleansing Oil 
  • 2nd Cleanser: Hada Labo Gokujyun Foaming Cleanser 
  • BHA: Cosrx Bha Blackhead Liquid
  • AHA: Cosrx Aha Whitehead Power Liquid
  • Hydrating Toner: Hada Labo Gokujyun Lotion in Moist (I do 7-10 skins of this at night, usually until my face feels a bit tacky, some nights I need less moisture though, really I just listen to my skin)
  • Light Moisturizer: Goodal Moisture Barrier Liquid Light (2-3 skins of this at night)
  • Medium Moisturizer: Goodal Moisture Barrier Liquid and the Cosrx Oil Free Moisturizing Lotion (only use the latter when I'm feeling super dry, which isn't very often)
  • Creams: Goodal Moisture Barrier Fresh Gel Cream and Goodal Moisture Barrier Cream Fresh (usually only the gel, occasionally the cream if I feel like I still need moisture)
I fell off the wagon with Vitamin C, partially because it added another 30 minutes to my night time routine/I didn't have time in the morning usually, and partially because I think it broke me out slightly. I would love to use it again, but I'm just too lazy right now. I also want to add other actives into my routine, but again, I'm lazy. 

Doing multiple skins of hydrating toners has really given my skin a nice plump look and feel! Its perfect for summer because it doesn't feel like there's anything on my face. For now I mostly stick to products I know and love, but also want to try out some new ones in the near future! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments