Foundation Review: Mehron Celebre Pro HD Cream Makeup in Light 1

7:37 PM

So today I'm reviewing the Mehron Celebre Pro HD Cream Makeup, geez what a name. Its considered a "theatre makeup" which generally means its a cream foundation with heavy coverage that will look nice on stage. According to the website its "oil free and fragrance free cream makeup that delivers satin smooth, buildable coverage that is non greasy and great for all skin types."

The foundation retails for $8.48 on Amazon. I was super excited to try this, as all the swatches I'd seen were so ghostly pale. I had tried Gratobain cream foundation (another theatre makeup) which I will do a review on at a later time, which was also super pale; so I had high hopes. The product is such a beautiful shade for my skin, pretty much matching perfectly. I lean cool but cool foundations tend to show up orange on me, so thankfully this foundation as a completely neutral tone to it, which flatters my cool skin better. The finish is somewhere between satin and dewy, and is definitely buildable. I get  light-medium coverage when I apply one layer.



left side of face has product, right is bare

full face covered in product

I applied this with my Real Techniques Complexion sponge (as I do all my foundation) after apply The Saem Saemmul Pore Cover Primer and finishing with Loreal setting spray, since I use those almost everyday. I applied this at 2 pm and wore it until around 9, so about 7 hours; although I have worn this on other days for longer periods of time.
One layer of foundation

side with no foundation, only primer

Right after being applied, I was already not in love with this product. Theatre makeup has a tendency to be a bit cakey, and this product is no exception. It was setting into my fine lines immediately, and sitting on top of areas looking dry that I didn't even think were dry to begin with. It also didn't feel like it would set fully, and would clearly transfer. What I did like was the coverage; it covered my redness and covered my dark circles, but still allowed my freckles to peak through.

settling into my forehead creases

smile lines and dry areas on chin

clinging to a dry area from a recently healed pimple
I checked in after about an hour and a half (right before I left for work), and it was looking pretty much the same, except a bit more oily (not dewy anymore, just oily) and settling even more. At this point most of the pores on my cheeks were visible.

The pictures I took at the end of the night before I washed my face are a little janky, because it was night time and I didn't have natural lighting. But nonetheless here's what the foundation looked like!





Not so hot. Clinging to patches all over, settling in lines, breaking down on my cheeks. I really wasn't expecting much better than this though.

Overall I'd give it a 5/10. I love love love the color and coverage, don't love love love the way it wears and looks on my skin. I will probably choose to wear this when I'll only be wearing makeup for a short period, since it looks decent enough for a few hours.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. What a bummer. Perfect match but doesn't look good. This is a tough choice.

    ReplyDelete