Highlighter Review: Physicians Formula Butter Highlighter in Pearl

10:13 AM

I own the Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer and also a Butter Blush (reviews here and here) which I love (okay I don't love the bronzer as much as I did at the time of that review but I digress), so when I heard they came out with Butter Highlighters I was so excited!

They retail for $10.99 for .17 oz.; to compare the Wet N Wild Megaglow is $4.99 for .19 oz and Maybelline Master Chrome is $9.99 for .24 oz. It claims to be lightweight, blendable, and long wearing. Its got murumuru butter just like all the other butter products they have. I ordered mine from Ulta online and it came shattered sadly, but it still works so whatever.


The shade Pearl is a warm-ish white with gold and pink reflects that shows up more opalescent on my face. The true shade doesn't exactly show up in swatches. It gives a very sheen-y look, although I feel like its a tiny tiny tiny smidge glittery on the face (?) but no one else thinks that so maybe I'm crazy.


It literally feels wet when you swatch it but it immediately turns into a powder once its on your skin. It feels more wet than the other butter products which to me feel more like a cream.


It applies well with a brush (I use elfs blush brush I think) and is easily blended. It can be somewhat subtle or very, very intense- I apply it somewhere in the middle.


It wears well for 8 hours before I notice fading, but it fades evenly so its not even a thing.


Overall I'm really happy with this! As someone who has been leaning towards cream/stick face products lately, this product fits that want as it almost applies like a cream, but sets itself into a powder. I want to pick up the shade iridescent, and I wish they would come out with a lighter gold shade!

You Might Also Like

0 comments